Low Earth Orbit is the next economic development zone, and the ISS National Lab is your company’s gateway to this new frontier. Help pioneer the future of industrial R&D with revolutionary commercial access to the ISS.
Benefits of Industrial Research In Space
The ISS, with its low gravity environment and access to space, gives your organization unprecedented research advantages, yielding the unique ability to:
- Gain insights into phenomena masked by gravity or confounded by buoyancy and sedimentation
- Explore new products, materials, and processes only accessible in space
- Open new windows into the physical universe afforded by an orbiting platform
- Elucidate biological mechanisms by observing accelerated disease states
- Test new technologies using the ISS as a modular bus
Industrial R&D Opportunities
Industry leaders, startups and small businesses, and other innovative institutions can accelerate commercial discovery and applied research that produce tangible benefits across a wide range of industrial sectors. In fact, the ISS has already helped uncover major advancements throughout numerous commercial capacities and scientific disciplines, including:
- Consumer & Industrial Products
- Physical & Material Sciences
- Energy & Environment
- Earth Observation & Remote Sensing
- Technology Development & Demonstration
- Biomedical & Plant Sciences
CASIS Mission to Industry/ Commercial Support
The CASIS mission to industry is to create opportunities for commercial discovery and applied research in sectors with clear benefit from access to microgravity or the space environment. We are a nonprofit organization focused on using the ISS, a national asset, to advance space-based commerce and industrial research for terrestrial benefit.
Our expertise in translating science in space for life on Earth is at your demand and free-of-charge. There are no user or access fees and we don’t claim intellectual property rights or stakes in companies that work with CASIS.
Talk with the CASIS team about organizing an exploratory session for your company or institution. Or read more about CASIS Support Services.